Kirsten Tibballs’ Milk Chocolate Mousse Cups
- 100mL water
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 300g milk chocolate
- 200mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 120mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 200g brown sugar
- 70g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 60g hazelnuts
- 2 x 200mL Bulla Dollop Cream
- To make the caramel, boil 120mL Bulla Thickened Cream and sugar for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly, then add in the butter and salt.
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven at 160°C for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the skins if necessary and roughly chop hazelnuts.
- For the milk chocolate mousse, boil the water, caster sugar and honey together then pour over the roughly chopped milk chocolate and whisk to combine. Cool the ganache slightly until it is no longer warm when you touch the bowl.
- Place the remaining 200mL Bulla Thickened Cream into a bowl and semi-whip it until it has some body but still collapses. Fold the semi-whipped cream through the chocolate base with a spoon until combined.
- To assemble, pipe chocolate mousse into the base of 6 x small cups about one third of the way. Cover with a spoon of Bulla Dollop Thick Cream, sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts and drizzle with caramel. Repeat the process until the cups are full finishing with Bulla Dollop Cream, chopped hazelnuts and drizzled caramel.