Chocolate Custard Sauce
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 300mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 120g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk and Bulla Thickened Cream. Cook over a medium heat, stirring consistently until hot but do not let the mixture boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks, cornflour and caster sugar until well combined.
- Gradually pour the milk and cream mixture over the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the combined mixture to the saucepan and add the chopped chocolate. Heat over a low heat, cooking constantly for 10 minutes or until the custard starts to bubble and coats the back of a spoon. Do not allow the custard to boil.
- Custard can be served warm or cold.