Coconut & Lime Panna Cotta with Ginger Lime Syrup
to make the panna cotta
- 400mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 250mL coconut milk
- 45g palm sugar, grated
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 3 gelatine leaves
- ginger lime syrup
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- diced pineapple
- mint leaves
- Combine Bulla Thickened Cream, coconut milk, sugar and lime leaves in a saucepan and heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture is hot but not boiling. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop. Strain through a sieve to remove lime leaves.
- Soak gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze excess water from leaves and add to cream mixture, mixing until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour mixture between serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until firm and set.
- Meanwhile for the syrup, combine sugar, water and ginger in a saucepan. Heat until sugar has dissolved and simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Remove ginger prior to serving and stir in lime zest.
- To serve, pour a little syrup over the top of each panna cotta and spoon on some diced pineapple, finishing with mint leaves.