Crème Brûlée by Kirsten Tibballs
- 150mL Bulla Crème Fraîche
- 150mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 egg yolks
- 130g caster sugar
- caster sugar for caramelising
- Preheat oven to 140˚C, fan-forced.
- Place the Bulla Crème Fraîche, Bulla Thickened Cream and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until mixture begins to lighten.
- Carefully pour the boiled cream mixture over the egg yolks while whisking.
- Strain the mixture and then divide evenly between 6 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish with sides.
- Create a water bath by placing the baking dish in the oven and filling it with water. The water should come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the crème brûlée have set but retain a slight wobble.
- Remove the crème brûlée from the water bath and place them in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. (The crème brûlée can be made up to 48 hours in advance and stored in the fridge.)
- Prior to serving, sprinkle caster sugar over the surface of the crème brûlée and use a blow torch to caramelise.