French Toast Roll-ups with Cream & Berries
- 2 extra large eggs
- 200mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10g butter
- caster sugar
- Whisk together the eggs, 1/4 cup of the Bulla Thickened Cream, honey and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk remaining Bulla Thickened Cream until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until required.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread out quite thin. Spread a little jam over half of the piece of bread starting from the centre to the top where the roll will seal. Spoon a teaspoon of the whipped Bulla Pure Cream into the centre of the bread, scatter with strawberries across the centre. Roll up from the end with no jam to form a Swiss roll style shape. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and add oil and butter. Dip bread rolls into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Add to pan and cook until golden all over. Drain on paper towel, then roll in caster sugar whilst still hot.
- Serve toasts with any additional Bulla Thickened Cream and enjoy whilst warm.