Garlic Parmesan Béchamel Sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ½ Tbsp plain flour
- 300mL Bulla Cooking Cream
- ½ cup full fat milk
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat. When it starts to foam, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn
- Add flour to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the roux is lightly golden. Stir constantly to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Gradually pour in the Bulla Cooking Cream and milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir with a whisk to ensure there are no lumps and cook until thickened so that the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir through the parsley and parmesan and serve immediately.