Ginger Crumb Truffles
- 200g 65% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 gingernut biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp edible gold shimmer
- Place the chocolate pieces in a large glass bowl.
- Place the Bulla Thickened Cream, butter, ground ginger and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a gentle heat.
- Pour the hot cream and butter mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Leave the mixture to cool and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm but pliable.
- Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl, ready to coat the truffles.
- To shape the truffles, lightly rub your hands with oil and roll teaspoons of the mixture into little balls. Gently roll the balls in the biscuit crumb until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with gold shimmer for some sparkle.
- Place truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.