Ginger poached peaches with raspberries & macadamia crumb
- 1.5-2 L water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 20g fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 peaches
- 40g macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Bulla Dollop Cream
- 1.5L Bulla Creamy Classics Vanilla Ice Cream
- 200g fresh raspberries
- Place water, sugar, ginger and vanilla bean in a deep saucepan wide enough to fit peaches. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and add peaches. Cook for 6-8 minutes and remove peaches with a slotted spoon. Set aside, covered.
- Return poaching liquid to the boil and continue cooking until liquid has reduced by half. Remove ginger and vanilla bean and allow to cool. When cool, strain and pour over peaches. Refrigerate until required.
- Process macadamias until coarsely chopped. Add to a frying pan over low heat with coconut and cook until toasted. Stir in sugar and cook a further minute. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, cut peaches in half, removing skin and stone. Add one peach half to serving dish, top with a dollop of Bulla Dollop Cream and sprinkle with macadamia crumb. Accompany with a scoop of Bulla Creamy Classics Vanilla Ice Cream, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of poaching liquid.