Kirsten Tibballs’ Banana Caramel Cream Tart
- 1 packet butternut snap biscuits
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 100g unsalted butter
- 130mL Bulla Thickened cream
- 220g brown sugar
- 120g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 block milk chocolate
- 600mL Bulla Dollop Thick Cream (3 tubs)
- 3 ripe bananas
- icing sugar, for dusting
- To make the biscuit base, crush the biscuits and combine with the coconut and melted butter, press into the base of a 25cm fluted flan tin and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for the base to set.
- To make the caramel filling, bring the Bulla Thickened Cream, brown sugar and a pinch of salt to a boil in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the stove and stir through the chopped butter. Pour onto the prepared biscuit base and place in the fridge for an hour.
- For the topping, create some chocolate shavings by running a sharp knife over the back of a chocolate block.
- Serve the Bulla Dollop Cream directly from the container onto the chilled caramel, top with the sliced bananas, chocolate shavings and lastly dust with icing sugar.