Kirsten Tibballs Choc Top
- 2 x 460mL Bulla Murray St Caramel Maple & Macadamias Ice Cream Tub
- 400g good-quality milk chocolate
- 8 individual small wafer ice cream cones
- 1000g good-quality white chocolate
- 15g orange oil-soluble colour powder
- Place the milk chocolate in a plastic bowl. Melt it in the microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until it is approximately half liquid and half solid chocolate. Stir vigorously until all the chocolate is melted. If you still have solid lumps of chocolate after 5 minutes, gently warm it up with the hair dryer.
- Fill each cone with the milk chocolate and tip it over immediately to drain out the excess.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Once set, used a slightly warmed ice cream scoop to place small scoop of Bulla Murray St Ice Cream on top of each cone and place in the freezer.
- Repeat the same process as above to melt the white chocolate.
- Transfer 150g of the melted white chocolate into a separate bowl and sieve in the orange colour, stirring to combine.
- Reheat the remaining milk chocolate gently with a hair dryer.
- Warm a separate bowl with a hair dryer and place in one-third of the remaining melted white chocolate. Fill either zip lock bags or piping bags with each of the three different coloured chocolates (orange, white and milk). Pipe in a grid pattern on top of the bowl of melted white chocolate. Pour on another layer of white chocolate and repeat the grid pattern. Repeat this process three times. You will have to work quickly so the chocolate doesn’t set.
- Dip each ice cream into the chocolate up to the edge of the cone, twisting it as you pull it out to create a swirl pattern.
- Hold it upside down for a few seconds to remove any drips and place back the right way up.
- Store in the freezer prior to serving.