Pistachio & Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Cake
- 250g butternut snap biscuits
- 80g butter
- 185g pistachio kernels
- 2L Bulla Creamy Classics Ice Cream Vanilla
- 500mL store-bought thick vanilla custard
- Lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm spring form cake pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. With motor operating, gradually add butter until well combined. Process pistachio kernels in food processor until coarsely chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts to serve. Press 1/2 of crumb mixture on to base of pan using the back of a spoon, sprinkle half of remaining pistachios over biscuit base and refrigerate while ice cream is prepared.
- Place 1/2 of the ice cream in a large bowl of electric mixer and beat on low speed for 1 minute or until softened. Spoon Bulla Creamy Classics Vanilla Ice Cream on to base and spread evenly, dot 1/2 cup of custard over ice cream and swirl custard through ice cream with the end of a spoon. Sprinkle remaining crumb followed by remaining pistachios onto ice cream layer. Place in freezer for 2 hours or until layer is frozen firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream and another 1/2 cup of custard (serve remaining custard with cake). Cover with plastic wrap. And freeze overnight.
- Remove spring form and baking paper from cake. Serve pistachio custard ice cream cake with remaining custard and reserved pistachios.