Steak with Pepper Sauce by Everyday Gourmet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pieces of Rump steak
- Few knobs of butter
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- sprinkle of coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp brandy
- 150mL Bulla Cooking Cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 sprig of lemon thyme
- In a mortar, roughly crush the black peppercorns.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add the oil.
- Grill the steaks to your liking. Remove from the pan and place on a plate to rest.
- Keeping the juice from the meat in pan, turn the heat to medium, add a few knobs of butter, add the finely chopped French shallots until the shallots are softened and caramelised.
- Add the coarsely ground black pepper into the pan and whisk, followed by the brandy.
- Add the Bulla Cooking Cream and gently whisk until the sauce thickens. Add a pinch of salt and a few sprigs of fresh lemon thyme.
- Serve the sauce with the steak.