Stroganoff Style Chicken
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 200g mixed mushrooms (chestnut, button, oyster, field)
- 50g porcini mushrooms
- 100mL white wine
- 200mL Bulla Sour Cream
- 10g butter
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- Place porcini mushrooms in a bowl of warm water and re-hydrated for 20 minutes. Drain and then reserve the liquid.
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and sweat off the onions with the garlic and chilli flakes. Once softened, remove from the pan and put to one side.
- Turn the heat up and add a little more oil. Add the mushrooms, including the drained porcini and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly coloured and soft.
- Now add the chicken and sauté for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and return the onion mixture back to the pan. Add the paprika and toss to ensure all the chicken and mushrooms are coated in the mixture.
- Pour in the wine and reduce then add the reserved mushroom liquid and boil for 6-8 minutes. Finish off with the butter and Bulla Sour Cream and allow to thicken over a medium heat.
- Serve on a large platter with a sprinkle of chives and accompanied with mashed potato, rice or pasta.