Coconut Sago Pudding with Passionfruit
- 250g sago
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 250mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 200mL coconut milk
- 1 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- passionfruit pulp
- toasted shaved coconut
- additional Bulla Thickened Cream, whipped
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add sago and cook for 10-12 minutes until transparent with a small white dot still visible in the centre. Drain and rinse well under cold water.
- Combine sugar with Bulla Thickened Cream, coconut milk, star anise, and vanilla pod and seeds. Bring to a gentle boil, remove from heat. Strain to remove star anise and vanilla pod. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Add cooked sago to cream mixture, mixing well and heat gently for several minutes. Do not boil.
- Spoon mixture between serving dishes and refrigerate for several hours until set.
- To serve, spoon a little whipped Bulla Thickened Cream over top of puddings and finish with fresh passionfruit pulp and shaved coconut.