French Toast with Poached Rhubarb & Apple
- 2 granny smith apples
- 4 sticks rhubarb
- 100mL water
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 200mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 slices day old sourdough bread
- additional Bulla Thickened Cream
- Place apples into a saucepan and add the rhubarb, water and 1 tablespoon of caster sugar. Cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes until apples are just cooked through. Set aside to cool or refrigerate until required.
- For the toast, whisk together the eggs, Bulla Pure Cream, the remaining tablespoon of caster sugar and vanilla extract.
- Heat the butter and oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Place bread into cream mixture allowing a couple of minutes for it to absorb some mixture. Turn bread over to soak both sides well. Drain excess liquid and place bread in the frying pan. Cook each side for approximately 4 minutes or until golden. Remove to a plate and keep warm whilst continuing until all the bread is cooked.
- To serve, place 2 slices of toast on a serving plate, top with the poached fruit, fresh strawberries and a drizzle of additional Bulla Thickened Cream.