Raspberry & Croissant Custard Puddings
- 200mL full cream milk
- 300mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 4 small croissants
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Place milk, cream, cinnamon stick, and slit vanilla bean in a heavy based small saucepan and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat and let mixture infuse while the puddings are assembled.
- Slice each croissant into 1.5cm round slices. Layer 4 x 1 cup capacity greased ovenproof ramekins or cups with croissant slices and raspberries, finishing with a few raspberries. Ensure the layers are a snug fit.
- Place egg yolks, sugar and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Strain the cream mixture over the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Slowly pour this custard over the croissant layers and let stand for 10 minutes, allowing the custard to soak into croissants (you may need to top them up as the custard is absorbed).
- Bake ramekins in a water bath in an ovenproof dish with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of ramekins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set and golden.
- Serve warm with Bulla Real Dairy Vanilla, Bulla Dollop Thick Cream or both.