Sour Cream Southern Fried Chicken
- 200mL Bulla Light Sour Cream
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1.5kg chicken pieces
- 300g fresh good quality fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cups fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Combine sour cream, garlic, Cajun spice mix, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces and if time allows, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Toss fresh bread crumbs with olive oil and parsley on a large tray. Lift chicken out of sour cream mixture and toss in bread crumb mixture to coat, using your hands press crumb mixture onto chicken pieces.
- Place on a roasting rack over an oven tray, this allows the heat to flow over all surfaces of the bread crumbs. Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, (will depend on the size of the chicken pieces).