Steak with Pepper Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces of quality steak of choice
- 1 French shallot
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp pink peppercorns and or white pepper
- 1 tsp green peppercorns
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 Tbsp brandy
- 200mL chicken stock
- 100mL Bulla Cooking Cream
- In a mortar, roughly crush the pink or white and Sichuan peppercorns together. Add the green peppercorns and crush lightly. Scatter on a plate.
- Press the steaks into the peppercorn mix on each side.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add the oil.
- Grill the steaks to your liking. Remove from the pan and place on a plate to rest.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the shallots and thyme followed by the brandy. Once the alcohol has cooked off add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce by 1/3.
- Add the Bulla Cooking Cream and gently simmer until the sauce thickens. Add any of the juice from the meat back to the pan and swirl in.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve.